Setting today or tomorrow anyone else?

Candled today!! We had 9 out of 12 that had good, big, dark veins and little swimmers!! We have 1 more week until lock down.

Great! I think Fattie's sister Pattie is now broody, too. I think she's probably got 2 or 3 eggs of her own and I stuck 2 others under her from my large hens. We'll see.

My humidity keeps fluctuating!! Grr! This isn't going to affect my hatch rate will it? When I notice it I put more water in but then it gets to high so I dump some out and it's fine until the next time I look at it! Do you have any tips on how to keep my humidity stable?

Last edited:
Great! I think Fattie's sister Pattie is now broody, too. I think she's probably got 2 or 3 eggs of her own and I stuck 2 others under her from my large hens. We'll see.

LOl.. That's awesome..
I believe I have another hen wanting to go broody... Collected eggs yesterday and saw a nice number of feathers in one of the nest, was working out back today and heard the Raptor warning... looked at DH and we both walked to the coop, sure enough she was warning the other girls away... Left her alone, two hours later she was still there so decided to change out her egg for a dummy egg and she fought like crazy to keep my hand away...finally succeed but an hour or so later a more dominant hen had run her off the nest... Will wait and she if she is sitting the nest tonight and how she acts tomorrow, may move her tomorrow evening and isolate her for a few days, if she does indeed was to be broody I have 10 eggs in the incubator that are only on day 2 I'll give her a few..

She is a young hen that has only been laying for a month or so and so I'm not holding out a lot of hope that she will complete the job but I'll help her along as much as I can
smile.png

I just told a young women from our church who wants to raise chickens (she can only have 3) that I would give her 3 of my new egg layers... Now to decide which ones
barnie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom