Setting up today 26 May 2012.... Anyone setting can join

Short sad update, I lost all the eggies - our chicken runs (and most other animal corrals and property) flooded and the only casualties were the pre-chicks, two days pre- hatch, 6 made it to fully formed and feathered, 2 were duds - unfertilized. The hen was still sitting on a floating nest full of water. What a gal - she was chilled but did fine in the house for a while drying off. Today, I`ve got five fuzzy babies and three to come hatching from the same wonderful surrogate hen, in a new house on higher ground. Congrats to all from this hatch, they must be getting pretty big by now!

Last edited:
Short sad update, I lost all the eggies - our chicken runs (and most other animal corrals and property) flooded and the only casualties were the pre-chicks, two days pre- hatch, 6 made it to fully formed and feathered, 2 were duds - unfertilized. The hen was still sitting on a floating nest full of water. What a gal - she was chilled but did fine in the house for a while drying off. Today, I`ve got five fuzzy babies and three to come hatching from the same wonderful surrogate hen, in a new house on higher ground. Congrats to all from this hatch, they must be getting pretty big by now!

So sorry to hear of your disaster! Did you try another hatch?
Good idea about how big everyone's chicks must be getting. Post pics please:
Here are my BO babies. Ended up with 6 hens and 2 roos. Here are pics:

Back
Top Bottom