Seven dead hens within 4 hours, not attacked. UPDATE: Teflon Poisoning!

Pics
@Blooie You may have never overheated one. Or did but the vapors went the other way. Turn on a pan once and forget, take a critical phone call, all life's little distractions, and the story WILL change fast. I use my pans smoking hot so that wouldn't work at all. I guess mileage varies. Nonetheless if you don't replace them frequently you are eating that coating. I'm not comfortable with that. But everyone has to make their own choices. :)

Teflon cookware is supposedly not an issue for birds in the home, as long as you don't overheat it. Given my ADHD nature, forgetfulness, and the tendency to burn things up even when I AM firing on all cylinders, I've simply found it best to pack my teflon away when I'm incubating eggs! That way, the risk is removed!

Since then, I've replaced them with the ceramic coated ones. Still not convinced that they are any safer.

I'm 67 years old. I raised 3 siblings, 3 kids, and 6 grandkids, which means lots of distractions so I do believe I've overheated a pan more than once in over 55 years of cooking - ;) But not to hijack this important thread or to take away from its message, I think I'll just tiptoe right on out the way I came in and get back into my corner! :love

2714217E-2065-4D50-B653-1BE62CB1872C.jpeg
AE9C040C-8F56-4567-B242-27B951838FBA.jpeg
@AaronandAlice , do you need to know what the penicillin dose is for him?
This is what I have- I don’t want to screw up the math though.

Attachments

• 1DDA973C-6062-4521-9CA6-8626EF1BE7E3.jpeg
    1DDA973C-6062-4521-9CA6-8626EF1BE7E3.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 1
The books I have say that it's more for chickens and turkey than it is for cattle. Still waiting for an answer from the vet on Facebook.
Thank you. I also have the VetRX that I'm going to go use now- some in his water and I'll wipe his head as much as he'll tolerate. I think with the girls gone and him seeing me remove their bodies, he now thinks I'm like the grim reaper. Poor guy- time to calm him some.

Back
Top Bottom