Seven eggs from six chickens?

I offer both oyster shell and grit free choice. I feed Purina Layena pellets free choice. My 4 girls are not free range but live in an enclosed coop with attached run (see pictures on my BYC page). They get other treats besides their pellets; fresh veggies, fruit, table scraps/leftovers, BOSS and occasional scratch. Their run is sand filled so they get a lot of sand in their diet too. I swear I've never had to tap so hard to crack an egg as I do with my girls eggs. One of their first ones was so thin it broke upon impact. I just happened to be there watching and scooped it up so the others wouldn't eat it. I've never since that first one had a thin-shelled egg.
wink.png

And in answer to your question "Also what does it mean to subscribe to a topic?"... in the very bottom left corner of a post page is a link that says "subscribe to this topic". Click on it and it will link the thread you're reading to your email address on file and send you an update every time someone replies to a post.

PattyO, to subscribe to a thread means that it can easily be found from the Index page at the bottom, under the "Show your subscribed topics link". You will also be emailed everytime someone replies to the subscribed thread. I will always subscribe to the topics which I post. You can also unsubscribe at any time if you wish. Also the thread "show all your posts" on the index page will show everytime you posted.

Since you asked, I recommend "Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens" as a good, detailed read... and "Keep Chickens! Tending Small Flocks in Cities, Suburbs, and Other Small Spaces" as a lighthearted yet still informative book.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom