Severe Bumblefoot need help

What I do is weigh myself on my bathroom scale and make note of my weight. Then immediately I go fetch the chicken I want to weigh. I step onto the scale exactly as five minutes before, but this time I have my (bewildered) chicken in my arms. I step back on the scale and note the second weight. I subtract the lesser from the greater number, and the difference is the exact weight of the chicken.
Thank you 🙏🏼. I will have to go buy a bath scale first thing in the morning🫢. I will keep you posted.

Once the infection gets to the legbone, no amount of antibiotics will stop it. The staph infection quickly spreads throughout the body.
You can try Baytril. Here's a link where you can buy it. I recommend that you expedite shipping when ordering it.
https://allbirdproducts.com/collections/bird-medications/products/baytril-10
Dosage is given orally using a syringe without a needle, 0.05ml per pound of weight 2 times a day for 5 days.
Baytril is top of the line and if Baytril doesnt work, nothing will.
Hi there. So I finished the Baytril a few days ago & it didn’t seem to make any noticeable improvements. My girl weighs 5lbs so I gave her 0.25cc twice a day on little pieces of bread x 5 days. I was wondering if you can tell me if I dosed appropriately & was the bread ok to use as a transport method? The red line on her leg seems to be normal compared to my other 11 hens, they all have that. I have still been soaking, cleaning, wrapping with ointment every other day. I’m starting to think that the vet wrap might be irritating to the scales on her feet also because they look somewhat unsmooth like the rest of the hens feet. I’m at a loss with this. I can’t find a scalpel that cuts well enough through her tough skin to even do any squeezing. I’m going to call my vet (non aviary) to see if he’s ever deal with Bumblefoot before.

Back
Top Bottom