SEVERE featherpicking - Pinless Peepers? NOTHING WORKS!

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I don't know about adding fat to the diet, but we will see.

Quote:
Good, those are the ones I got. That's even better! I only wanted to put them on the offenders, not everyone.

I'm not getting it still. There are people I know of that cram 50 birds in a coop HALF my size, giving them no enrichment and feeding them hog feed, but yet their chickens don't have this problem.

We went to the feedmill to look for the BOSS, but they didn't have any. We can't run to the next big town today, so mom picked up some hog feed. The guy there said that should help if we mix it in their laying crumbles.

You might think this is off the wall but I have 60 chickens in a 20 by 10 barn. Now get this their are 4 roosters in the barn all together. My husband and I built to lofts on opposite ends of this barn and they have established their own terrirories. There is no fighting and they respect their own flock. My weather is just like yours terrible and I have chicken doors for them to go outside if needed. When there is feather picking it's because of bordeom lack of protein. If they dont eat the dry cat food small pieces. I would try cheese crackers. I buy large bags and my chickens loooooooove them. I will make the effort 2 or 3 times a day to spread them out so they can scratch for them. Now that I started this 2 years ago they are always watching or listening for me to shake the bag or box. If you give them enough , they should be satisfied and hopefully this problem should stop. Just as you were to train a dog or cat structure and a certain time for goodies they're ready and waiting . You can also introduce bread pieces like muffins wheat bread too. rockmasters momma

Back
Top Bottom