Severus Snape is a Hero!

LisaJean

Songster
12 Years
Sep 30, 2007
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
No, this isn't a Harry Potter post. Severus Snape is my fat, stupid, black kitty who appears in some of my pics on here.

I usually let him outside into the fenced-in backyard for a little while each day, to get exercise. He's too fat to go over the fence, and too stupid to try.

I do let him out there when the chickens are out. Again, he is too stupid to know what to do with a chicken, even if he could catch one. And the girls are big enough now that he doesn't seem to see them as prey anymore. In fact, he and the girls will mill around together, in perfect harmony.

Well late this morning, Severus is out there with the girls, when I hear this cacaphony of cackling. Something is very wrong outside! I run to the door to see what's wrong.

What's wrong is that a strange cat, one I have never seen before, is in the yard. He is standing there, hunkered down, looking at my chickens. And standing proudly, fur defiantly raised, between the cat and my chickens, is Severus.

Every time the strange cat tries to get past Severus and go toward the chickens, Severus hisses at him, and keeps himself positioned between the cat and the chickens. And the chickens are cowering behind Severus, waiting to see what happens.

As I was about to go outside, Severus darted toward the strange cat. The other cat turned tail and bolted over the fence, and disappeared.

So, not only does Severus not hurt "his" chickens, he protects them!

He thinks he's a Roo
lau.gif
Good going kitty!

Heehee, yeah, I'm proud of him. It would be nice if he could stay out there all day and guard his ladies, but the moment it starts to drizzle, or gets below a certain temperature, he is on his hind legs looking in through the back door, crying to be let in.
smile.png

I should have known he would be a chicken-loving-cat when I held up one of the week-old chicks for him to see, and he gave her a tongue bath!

He really is the sweetest creature I've ever known. He loves all living things.

Back
Top Bottom