Sewing machine help

I take it that you did not get an owner's manuel with it. That would have helped you a lot.

Is it an electric or an old fashioned treadle machine?

Yes, you need a pedal. Somewhere on the side of the machine there should be a plug in. The plug that goes into it will have two wires coming out of it. One goes to the foot pedal and one plugs in to your house electric outlet.

Your best bet, other than finding a local person, who could walk you through the threading up stage, would be to go online and google the Singer corporation and see if you can get a manuel for your model of machine. Then with pictures you could do it yourself. It's too complicated to tell someone how to do this without seeing the machine in front of them and walking you through it.

Another thought would be to take it to a local sewing machine service center. They could help you a lot. An older machine probably needs a tune-up and tension adjustment anyway. They might have the missing parts that you need.

Good Luck
Alice

Lol ok, thanks... Yeah, it's an electric, and I've already googled it. That sucker's too heavy to move, they put it in a huge desk that outweighs me by a long shot, and my truck's in the shop lol. Gotta love mice lol (chewed the wires.) So I'll go look at it agian and see what I can see. Lol no, they no longer had the owner's manuel. The one time I need instructions and I don't have them rofl.

Back
Top Bottom