Sex & Breed (Help!)

eaking

Chirping
May 18, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Well, some idiot on our street is giving out baby chicks for easter and we’ve rescued two of them. They were in an excrement ridden amazon box with no fresh water and they had fed them pita bread (which is awful for chicks). We got them in the brooder (which we had to dust off) and I ran to the feed store for more baby chick food (medicated) and grit. Fresh water and now they’re safe and sound.

I don’t know that we can keep these babies: first, we don’t really have a big enough coop for 7 (we have 5 hens at the moment), and second, we don’t know if these are boys or girls yet (too young to tell). We’ll keep them happy and healthy for now and see, I guess...

Would love some help with breed and sex (if at all possible)

Attachments

• IMG_4227.jpeg
    IMG_4227.jpeg
    337.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4226.jpeg
    IMG_4226.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Well, the vet came by today to check on one of our older girls and they took DNA to sex them! $50 a pop, but if we have a roo (or two) I need to know before I get too attached and so we have plenty of time to find them a home. Should be early next week!

Well, some idiot on our street is giving out baby chicks for easter and we’ve rescued two of them. They were in an excrement ridden amazon box with no fresh water and they had fed them pita bread (which is awful for chicks). We got them in the brooder (which we had to dust off) and I ran to the feed store for more baby chick food (medicated) and grit. Fresh water and now they’re safe and sound.

I don’t know that we can keep these babies: first, we don’t really have a big enough coop for 7 (we have 5 hens at the moment), and second, we don’t know if these are boys or girls yet (too young to tell). We’ll keep them happy and healthy for now and see, I guess...

Would love some help with breed and sex (if at all possible)
The brown one looks just like our speckled Sussex

Back
Top Bottom