sex linked and RIR chicks

browning6

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 2, 2012
Winton, California
I have 5 chicks so far. the one on the left appears to be a RIR the next to the right appears to be a sex linked female and the three on the right Sex linked males.

Do you agree with my assesment? and can yo tell the difference between the chicks of a RIR X delaware and the RIR X silver laced Wyandotte crosses? or are they both the wild type chicks?

sex linked males are yellow and the females chipmonk colour. rirs are orange coloured so im not sure how well your assesment is. delaware chicks are also yellow.

It's incredibly hard to tell the difference between yellow and red chicks with that red lighting. I have no idea, sorry. Maybe a photo with white light?

It's incredibly hard to tell the difference between yellow and red chicks with that red lighting. I have no idea, sorry. Maybe a photo with white light?
I agree with this.

As far as the different mommas, the Wyandottes should have had rose combs, which are dominant, so the chicks of the Wyandotte hen should have rose combs. They'll both have yellow legs, so that's no help. I'm not sure if the barring from the Delaware hen would carry over, giving male chicks a white head spot.

Back
Top Bottom