Sex links laying at what age?

dlaciv12

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 12, 2008
Brockton, MA
I have 6 pullets, 3 black sex links and 3 "amber stars." They are all about 15 weeks old. I thought I read some where that the sex links would start laying around 18 weeks old but now I can't find that. Anyone know for sure?

Also, I put up the nest boxes but never put in the floor on the boxes. The girls have been roosting on the dividers and the board along the back. When I put the bottom on the boxes and add the bedding I will add a few fake eggs but will it be OK if they keep roosting in there? I guess they feel more comfortable under the roof of the boxes.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
I have 1 that is 19 weeks today, and after much help from this site I have determined she is the one laying our eggs. We have gotten 5 in the last 5 days.

I have (3) gold sex links, I got them April 2nd and they were a few days old. The first one started at 15 weeks, and the other two started between 17 and 19 weeks. They will be 19 weeks tommorrow. I have (1) buff Orpington and she's not laying yet
sad.png

Last edited:
i have 6, cinnamon queens (aka sex links) they will be 19 weeks old tommorow and one of them squatted the other day when i patted her. there combs and wattles are big and red so hopefully eggs soon.

I had 2 start last thursday
lol.png
One is 16 weeks and the other is 14 weeks. My older ones are not ready yet.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom