Sex-links.... Need some picture of your experiments... and input...

Quote:
My guess is no. Wouldn't this be similar to "crossing" two chickens of the same breed that are from lines that were separated many generations ago?

From what I have seen so far with mine, is they are much smaller than the RC RIW. They almost have a white leghorn look about them... but they are still young so I'm not sure. I'm moving them out today so I will try to get some pics up today.... if not today tomorrow for sure.

If anything it would improve the genetics don't you think? I bet the birds from privett are inbred like crazy... so some new genetics probably might do them some good. I did get one rooster out of the bunch but more than likely he is a brother to the hens??

So if I breed New Hampshire roos over RIR hens the male offspring will not work in the sex link cross if I would breed them to a RIW hen. I'm looking for the red/white females and solid white males. Very easy to tell at hatch... that's what I'm looking for.

I know Ideal claims they use their RIWs to breed for their golde Sexlinks, but you know you cant believe hatcheries all the time, I don't see why Privetts wouldn't carry the Silver gene too, but I am going to be mad too if they don't. I'll let you know how mine do.

And the males from the NHR X RIR should work for the gold gene part.

Quote:
My hens have not started laying yet. So I have not hatched any yet. Right now I have my Splash laced Red roo with some Barred Rock hens and when they start laying, I will hatch a few of them and that should give blue females and blue barred males.

When the silver laced Wyandotte hens start laying, the roo will go with them and that should give BLR females and males that have the SL pattern but black replaced by blue and maybe a yellowish tint over the silver.

I promise I will post pics when I hatch them.

Hey Jeff, I got you some pics of my RIW hens while I was out today, they are about 6 mos now, but haven't quite started laying yet.

37373_100_5673.jpg

37373_100_5674.jpg

37373_100_5675.jpg

The roo is one of the sexlink roos I posted earlier, he's just chillin with them right now until I decide if I will use him in another project.

Oh wow... they turned out to be pretty nice looking birds. Right now, mine are in that ugly stage... ok so I'm out to take pictures right now!! LOL...

Ok so here are mine... They have a lot of growing yet to do... and they are in with the EE. The second pic is the New Hamp roo... can you find him?
DSCF2486.jpg

DSCF2487-1.jpg

Im going to cross Buckeye rooster on a Delaware hen for a sex link. I have seen this cross and they ar very pretty.

I think both of us got ours from Privett. I would love to see some pics of those offspring when you get them.... sounds like they would look pretty cool. I have buckeyes too so I may cross them over the RIW to see what I get.

Glad to see I'm not alone in this... Seems like there is a few of us with some projects going on. Can't wait for the results.

Back
Top Bottom