sex-links

allmychickens

Just'a small town girl
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
Washington
while i was messing around on the chicken calculater i came across some unique kinds of sex-links...

a silver laced bird (wyandotte) over a red bird (RIR) = a laced sex-link, males are yellowish gold laced and females are silver laced!

a black patterned silver (lakenvelder) over a red bird (RIR) = males are gold patterned and females are silver!

while i was messing around on the chicken calculater i came across some unique kinds of sex-links...

a silver laced bird (wyandotte) over a red bird (RIR) = a laced sex-link, males are yellowish gold laced and females are silver laced!
thats not technically a Sex link cross, as the hens will be silver(S/-) and the roosters will be golden(S/s+) golden males look Silver at hatch and the females will also look silver at hatch(they are silver) making sexing them impossilbe...

what you want is hens that look gold(red) and roosters to look silver so you can tell them apart, so the crossing is done the other way around, RIR rooster over a Silver laced wyandotte hen will produce sex links

a black patterned silver (lakenvelder) over a red bird (RIR) = males are gold patterned and females are silver!
You need to switch the sexes around to get the sexlinks.
Put Red roosters over the Silver Laced and the Silver Lakenvelders.
This mating should get you sexlinks.

Back
Top Bottom