Sexing 10 Week Old Laced Wyandotte

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LorettaMI, May 23, 2017.

1. LorettaMI

LorettaMI New Egg

Jul 28, 2016
    I'm thinking I got a cockerel instead of a pullet in my pair of Wyandottes. Tail feathers are different. Unfortunately the close up of the second one does not show the waddle. Appreciate your thoughts. IMG_0541.JPG IMG_0547.JPG IMG_0548.JPG IMG_0551.JPG

Attached Files:

2. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

That looks like 2 cockerels to me. I don't see pointy saddle feathers. It's more about the lacing. On girls it will very clearly be lacing and on boys on the top of the wings will bee more mottled or barred than laced. And that's what yours look like to me.

Hope I'm wrong! :fl

3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Always Thankful Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    They look like two pullets to me. While normally pullets have better lacing then you two girls hatcheries these days aren't keeping to standards. I had a SLW just like your girls. Also a 10 week old cockerel would have a bigger/redder comb.

4. WyoChickies

WyoChickies Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2016
    Cheyenne, WY
    They both look like pullets to me.

5. LorettaMI

LorettaMI New Egg

Jul 28, 2016
    Thanks for the comments. I got them at Family Farm and Home so Chicken Girl1's comment about standards makes sense. I'll keep them both and see what they grow into!

Chicken Girl1 likes this.
  6. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

Great point! :thumbsup

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    pullets

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by