Sexing Appenzeller Spitzhauben!?

Still a little early. But can you get a photo of her standing from the side. I need to see hackle feathers, saddle, and tail feathers. I lean hen right now. But a better photo will really help. My female loves to run everywhere she goes and she likes to go off exploring by herself.

IMG_0570.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0557.JPG

Hopefully one of these shows everything. :)
Thanks so much for responding...

Are any of you still around on BYC? I went to Cackle hatchery on Monday and picked up 5 Appenzeller Spitzhauben chicks. I have raised 3 batches of various other breeds, and what I am impressed with these as 1 (3 of 1).jpg Spitz chicks is how highly intelligent they are. Head and shoulders above all the 9 other breeds of chicks I had. They are also extremely friendly and curious, laid back. My last batch was br. leghorns and they were not trusting and not calm.
These youngsters are not sexed, so I am looking forward to the time when I'll know who's what. If any of you are still around, I'll post pics here in a few weeks.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Sue

We have some Spitz in our incubator. Can't wait to see how they turn out!
YAY! What day incubation are you on? Be sure to post pics!
Mine are a week old now, feathers growing in fast. Here's a pic yesterday of them using the nipple waterers...Have you had any of this breed before? I have not.
nipple bottles (3 of 1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom