Sexing Barred Rock Chicks

I'm watching feather development on mine right now - I'm feeling like the pullets are feathering more quickly than the cockerels... Could be wrong but here's some pics :)

12 days old. Suspected pullet has more wing feathering and the stripe on head, top picture. Other with less feathering and rounder spot on head I suspect is a cockerel, bottom picture. Anyone else want to weigh in?

Hello, I just recently found this thread! I was hopping to get an insight into what sex my babies were. I only got them a few weeks ago and I guess they're starting to show.
(sorry for the long post)

Let me know if you need better pictures!

Hey, I have a little Barred rock pullet that is just over 2 weeks old. Any guesses on gender?

The last one didn't show quite the amount of black on (her) legs, but there is a little bit more.

Hello, I just recently found this thread! I was hopping to get an insight into what sex my babies were. I only got them a few weeks ago and I guess they're starting to show.

Blue is the only female the rest are boys. Notice the female has a darker color that is due to her having one copy of the barring gene (black color inhibitor) males on the other hand carry two thats why they are lighter.

roo or cockerel? I am praying cockerel as I have named her Gemma and this is the prettiest one out of 5 which makes me nervous for a Roo

Back
Top Bottom