Sexing Barred Rocks

Pics
New here - got 2 barred rocks as part of the "brown layer assortment" from Meyer Hatchery 3ish weeks ago. Supposedly all sexed pullets - but at least one of the breeds is for sure a rooster. I noticed this morning that one of the rocks is starting to turn pinkish at the base of the comb - this early that's a good sign it's a roo, yes?

The camera hog, with two pullets running to get in the picture too LOL

They dug a hole, found something??? Ya just never know with these guys and gals...my top cockerel and 3 of his pullets, checkin out what he "found" under the shaving in their coop. The baby feeder, behind them, has chick grit in it as I switched to "All Flock" and their run isn't done yet...praying for this week-end!!!

These are all from the same hatchery lot of 15 I got. Look how light he is compared to the girls, and much bigger too, although the lighting wasn't that great, was getting near dusk! To the right of the baby feeder with the chick grit, they have a hanging, big chickens feeder
wink.png

LOL, totally loving that first pic!

Hmm, I think your pullets are looking darker than mine. Mine is a month and a half old and still no pink at all on the comb...comb is pretty small too. I don't know, I need to stop forgetting to put a pic up!
he.gif

I'll get a pic. up and let you guys decide whether it's a he or a she. I hope so much it's a she though, as my this is my daughter's favorite chick.
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom