Sexing ducks

Hemmywife

Chirping
Jun 14, 2020
You all have seen my three Pekin ducks. I’m having a hard time figuring out if they are male or female. My older female has a fan-shaped tail and I have two younger ones that have the same. My older male doesn’t have the fan-shaped tail and one of the younger ones doesn’t either. Does that define them as male or female too?

You all have seen my three Pekin ducks. I’m having a hard time figuring out if they are male or female. My older female has a fan-shaped tail and I have two younger ones that have the same. My older male doesn’t have the fan-shaped tail and one of the younger ones doesn’t either. Does that define them as male or female too?
New pictures would help to see how they currently are. Ducks grow fast :)

Sexing by drake feather is not the most accurate way of sexing, as some drakes don't develop one, and if they do sometimes it gets pulled out. There are some females that may develop a drake feather too.

The most accurate sexing can be done by listening to their voice. Females QUACK, males rasp.

Sexing by drake feather is not the most accurate way of sexing, as some drakes don't develop one, and if they do sometimes it gets pulled out. There are some females that may develop a drake feather too.

The most accurate sexing can be done by listening to their voice. Females QUACK, males rasp.
I didn't know that. We have a Pekin duck that has that feather and based on that and the fact that he/she lived with a male Muscovy duck for over a year and there never came an egg we were led to the conclusion he is a male. He quacks quite a lot though. What would be the difference between a quaking and a rasping sound?

I didn't know that. We have a Pekin duck that has that feather and based on that and the fact that he/she lived with a male Muscovy duck for over a year and there never came an egg we were led to the conclusion he is a male. He quacks quite a lot though. What would be the difference between a quaking and a rasping sound?

Read this :

http://www.majesticwaterfowl.org/artquacks.htm

Back
Top Bottom