Sexing Easter Eggers

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 44Wolves, May 26, 2013.

1. Bejammie

Bejammie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Im hoping the white and black is a pullet....her comb is usually pale but she has a fever currently. :( she is a barred rock white leghorn cross

2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    I mention on one of your other posts, that is a pea comb and can not come from a Rock/Leghorn crossing. Both those breeds have single combs.

3. dinydeek

dinydeek Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2015
    I am a total newbie to chicken's and I am curious about my easter eggers. They are about 6-7 weeks old now(I think!). The second picture is the "grey" and the chicken behind it we are sure is a rooster but no idea the breed. (I just picked a bunch of chicks that were "cute" at the farm supply and grabbed 3 guinea too). The first picture isn't as good but that one is camera shy! :) T [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. shellilynn

shellilynn New Egg

Aug 4, 2015
    [​IMG]I am guessing that 14 week old ee's should be fairly easy to sex and maybe they are all boys and I am just in denial but I need help.lol[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  5. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    That second one definitely looks like a cockerel, but it's hard to be sure. The pictures are pretty blurry. I can't see the back feathers well enough to be sure of either. Better, more clear photos would really help.

6. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Both look like pullets, I'm not sure on the rooster in the back round, maybe a hatchery quality silver laced wyandotte? It could be an EE though.

7. dinydeek

May 3, 2015
    Ah thank you! Music to my ears! :) They are both sweet and kind of shy but getting more curious.. they are much bigger then then rest of the gang :) Here is a pic of the one we think is a rooster ..[​IMG]

8. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    That is certainly a rooster, I'm still not sure on breed though.

9. dinydeek

May 3, 2015
    Yeah, I have two with the same markings(1 is a hen)I bought them at the farm supply, so sure the were a hatchery special. But, if they lay eggs are are healthy? They are perfect chickens. :) beyond the 2 gold sex linked I have quite a few that I have no idea.. 1 is a barred rock hen but the rest ? Thanks again for helping me out! This is all new to us. We are truly addicted and I see that in the future I may want to focus on certain breeds, but the mixed selection hopefully will help us decide what type of chicken people we are. :)

10. tiffani day

tiffani day Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Vicksburg Mississippi
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is grey and the lady I got her from back in August said she was 15 weeks and a hen, but still no eggs. I'm beginning to wonder if she is really a she. She is 27 weeks by my calculations.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by