Sexing Easter Eggers

Pics
5 week Easter egger. Puller or cockerel?

Any thoughts on these 2? I think the frizzle is male but still holding out hope for the grey one. They are 5 weeks, the peacomb is not quite as pink as it looks in the pic. Thanks for your opinions!

Yeah I think the frizzle is a rooster.
I'm leaning to the pullet side for the grey one.... We'll have to see as it gets older. :)

That's my thoughts as well although the peacomb has me a little worried but something about that one just screams female to me but I have a bad track record for choosing girls so we will have to wait I guess lol and I like your user name!! I think a chicken would make a great president
1f61c.png

I have some new chicks that are 3 weeks old, they're all half white leghorn. One is half EE and has a pea comb. But it looks pretty big. I had another EE who turned out to be a girl but at 3 weeks her pea comb was much smaller. This one is all white. He also attacked a chick twice his size! Boy?

Any thoughts on these 2? I think the frizzle is male but still holding out hope for the grey one. They are 5 weeks, the peacomb is not quite as pink as it looks in the pic. Thanks for your opinions!

I've raised about a hundred Easter Eggers in the last year. That much comb development at just 5 weeks is a sure indicator of a male. That comb is huge. I think the Frizzle could be a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom