Sexing Easter Eggers

Pics
The frizzle is already growing wattles which is why I think it's male, doesn't that make sense? I seem to have bad luck with chicks
sad.png
Slight wattle development is not specifically an indicator of gender. It's normal to start to see some wattle growth at that age with single comb breeds, regardless of gender. And wattles can flush bright pink when the chick is excited or stressed.

This is a photo of one of my Australorps and my Jersey Giant at 6 weeks old. Both are most certainly female, they are 2 years old now. You can see how bright red the wattles are on the Jersey Giant.

Last edited:
I have some new chicks that are 3 weeks old, they're all half white leghorn. One is half EE and has a pea comb. But it looks pretty big. I had another EE who turned out to be a girl but at 3 weeks her pea comb was much smaller. This one is all white. He also attacked a chick twice his size! Boy?

The best way to identify if your bird is a male or female is to post pics of them! :)

The red coming in on the shoulder/wing area is a sure indicator of a cockerel.

You're definitely right on him. He is starting to develop some blue/green tail feathers and has some hackle feathers. What about this block copper maran?
[/IMG]

Last edited:
. 1

Hello everyone
1f601.png
!
Would it be at all possible to help determine if these chicks are pulley/cockerels by feather color?
Trying to figure out what I have!
Any help is appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom