Sexing Easter Eggers

Pics
This is the separate chicks that will def be killed if mixed with the others. Do you agree they are roosters?

I got a picture of all of them settled in for the night. They all have a little spur and they all seem to have big feet. They have a big run during the day and I think the one rooster is the instigator of all the fights but because of it, I can't figure out who the roosters are and I need to sell them.
Starting with the four on the left, back to front - might be a cockerel, might be a pullet, cockerel, cockerel.
Four on the right, back to front - pullet, cockerel, pullet, cockerel.

Hi!

I have 7 Easter eggers that are almost 6 weeks old. I'm really running out of space in my coop, it's time for the boys to go (or at least a few of them). I have a friend coming to take a few tomorrow, but I'm new to this and am having a hard time telling if any are obviously roosters. Any advice? Thank you!

Heihei (the kids favourite
1f62c.png
)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7820541/width/200/height/400
[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7820556/width/200/height/400

Sunshine

Elsa (the only one I'm pretty sure is a girl?)

Anna (another of the kids favourites, but I'm just starting to see some red start on his shoulders? Does that mean Anna's more of a Hans
1f609.png
)

Clucky (was not happy away from the others and wouldn't stand still for a photo shoot)

Thing One and Two (we cannot tell them apart)

Hi!

I have 7 Easter eggers that are almost 6 weeks old. I'm really running out of space in my coop, it's time for the boys to go (or at least a few of them). I have a friend coming to take a few tomorrow, but I'm new to this and am having a hard time telling if any are obviously roosters. Any advice? Thank you!

Heihei (the kids favourite
1f62c.png
)

Sunshine

Elsa (the only one I'm pretty sure is a girl?)

Anna (another of the kids favourites, but I'm just starting to see some red start on his shoulders? Does that mean Anna's more of a Hans
1f609.png
)

Clucky (was not happy away from the others and wouldn't stand still for a photo shoot)

Thing One and Two (we cannot tell them apart)

Elsa is a pullet, Clucky might be a pullet. Everyone else is male.

Don't laugh at me but I was desperate to tell mine apart because they were fighting bloody and I had to know which ones to sell. I read to tie a gold ring on a string and hold it over the chick. The females, the ring goes in a circle, the male's it swings back and forth like a pendulum. Remember, I said don't laugh or think me silly, I was desperate. It worked! Because every time I asked some one else what gender the chick is, they always agreed with the way the ring swung.

I started with 12 chicks and am down to four females. So believe me, I experienced some serious rooster fights and it started very suddenly at 6 weeks old during rainy weather when it wasn't easy partitioning of the run for a bunch of chicks only to find another one bleeding!

Don't laugh at me but I was desperate to tell mine apart because they were fighting bloody and I had to know which ones to sell. I read to tie a gold ring on a string and hold it over the chick. The females, the ring goes in a circle, the male's it swings back and forth like a pendulum. Remember, I said don't laugh or think me silly, I was desperate. It worked! Because every time I asked some one else what gender the chick is, they always agreed with the way the ring swung.
Someone a few months ago attempted that method. Turns out it was completely wrong for each chick. Old wives tale, not accurate.

Back
Top Bottom