Sexing EEs please help

On Easter Eggers colored similiar to yours, by seven weeks of age cockerels will usually begin to show blotchy/splotchy red patches on their wings. That irregular colored feathered pattern is almost always my first clue as to which chicks are cockerels.

Your pullet's colors are very evenly patterned, so rest easy they will be laying beautiful blue/,green eggs a few months from now!
Yay! I am so excited 😁😁😁

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but can anyone tell me the name of the gray/red color that is shown in pic. 13? It's gorgeous! 🥰
I hope someone answers your question, because i also have 2 easter eggers with that beautiful color, & best i could come up with to describe the pattern is "red-laced blue." Blue-laced red is an official color, but ive found no evidence of a reverse color called "red-laced blue."

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but can anyone tell me the name of the gray/red color that is shown in pic. 13? It's gorgeous! 🥰
I wish I could tell you. This is the first time we’ve ever had chickens. And these little divas were the last four at the local hardware store. She’s my favorite and I have named her Rowena. 😁

I also have a hen this color and have been trying to find the name of her color since April. Lol I was so hopeful someone would comment on it.

Attachments

• 046CD0EE-2B53-42FE-9A19-550A56323FF1.jpeg
    046CD0EE-2B53-42FE-9A19-550A56323FF1.jpeg
    643 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom