Sexing Holland Lop Bunnies 14 weeks old

Mycrazypets

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2021
South Dakota
I need help/advice that can help me distinguish the genders of my bunnies. I have a supposed male and female according to the breeder. But now I checked their genitalia and I cannot tell what the genders are. I am thinking that they may be reversed of the genders we thought they were.

I was wondering if anyone has advice on sexing and what appearance/behavior male and female bunnies have. I can attach pictures later if needed. The supposed female does seem very active and friendly. But the supposed male is smaller than the female, which is a sign confirming it is male though. Any help or advice is appreciated!

:welcome
Hello and welcome to BackYard Chickens! :jumpy Glad you joined our community. Everyone here is very kind and helpful :)

I recommend reading this article, it helps explain how to sec them very well and it has pictures.
https://www.raising-rabbits.com/sexing-rabbits.html

I would attach some pictures and I can tag some members that are more experienced to sex them for you.

Do you plan on breeding them or are these pets? Are you new to rabbits? If you have any other questions about raising them I'll be more than happy to help!

Also, in exchange for information we require a small fee of cute pictures :)

:welcome
Hello and welcome to BackYard Chickens! :jumpy Glad you joined our community. Everyone here is very kind and helpful :)

I recommend reading this article, it helps explain how to sec them very well and it has pictures.
https://www.raising-rabbits.com/sexing-rabbits.html

I would attach some pictures and I can tag some members that are more experienced to sex them for you.

Do you plan on breeding them or are these pets? Are you new to rabbits? If you have any other questions about raising them I'll be more than happy to help!

Also, in exchange for information we require a small fee of cute pictures :)
Ok thank you so much I will add some pictures tomorrow! And of course include some cute pictures. I am planning on breeding them that is why the gender is very important. I am also new to rabbits.

Pics would help, but you'll need two people to get the angles we really need to help. Also, just know that rabbits are very hard to sex. 14 weeks is definitely old enough, but mistakes are certainly made. I still get confirmation when I am selling mine at 8 weeks. Some individuals are harder than others.

Back
Top Bottom