Sexing Muskovies??

KatB

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 19, 2012
I have a half dozen 9-week old juvenile muskovies and need to be able to sex the buggers. They don't have masks and their feet and legs are still growing. Is there any way to turn them over and 'see' whether the duck is male or female? Could someone post pics of what to look for? Or a good description of what the ducky equipment looks like?

These are 2 pied and a lavender and below is a pair of lavender and pied/lavender mix--feather-wise.

(the rabbit folks did this for young bunnies, that's why I'm asking.) I understand if there aren't pics of this, but I could really use the assistance!

I have a half dozen 9-week old juvenile muskovies and need to be able to sex the buggers. They don't have masks and their feet and legs are still growing. Is there any way to turn them over and 'see' whether the duck is male or female? Could someone post pics of what to look for? Or a good description of what the ducky equipment looks like?

These are 2 pied and a lavender and below is a pair of lavender and pied/lavender mix--feather-wise.

(the rabbit folks did this for young bunnies, that's why I'm asking.) I understand if there aren't pics of this, but I could really use the assistance!
you can vent sex but not that easy to do on 9 week olds it's usually done on day olds. Best way to tell especially by 9 weeks is the ducks are still small compared to the drakes. When you look at your ducks you should be able to see the difference by now. Legs are thick on drakes and body is long, ducks have slimmer legs spaced closer together and they have a football shaped body. The 2 on the bottom look duckish to me
welcome-byc.gif
just looking at their faces.

All 5 are out-pacing their mom-duck, but the drake for these is huge--about the size of a Canadian goose--and a large one at that.. The feet on all of them are pretty big, so I just can't tell.
Thanks, though.

Back
Top Bottom