Sexing my Rhode Island Reds Chicks

Thanks. I asked a couple of friends not on the forum and one agreed with the previous post that all are pullets whilst another said the only cockrel is A.

Hi All,

Iam back with a 16 week update. Looks like Chicken A is a rooster and Chicken C is a Hen. However I am a bit confused on Chicken B, as its tail feathers are not as dark as Chicken A. However due to the red wattles and combs i am assuming it a rooster ? What do you guys think ?

Attachments

• Chicken_A_16_weeks.PNG
    Chicken_A_16_weeks.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • Chicken_B_16_weeks.PNG
    Chicken_B_16_weeks.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • Chicken_C_16_weeks.PNG
    Chicken_C_16_weeks.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 22
The first one is definitely a rooster
Hi All,

Iam back with a 16 week update. Looks like Chicken A is a rooster and Chicken C is a Hen. However I am a bit confused on Chicken B, as its tail feathers are not as dark as Chicken A. However due to the red wattles and combs i am assuming it a rooster ? What do you guys think ?
Maybe the second one as well I'm not sure though

Looks like we are all in agreement ! How long till they start challenging my main rooster, he is around 7months and these guys are around 16 weeks.

Looks like we are all in agreement ! How long till they start challenging my main rooster, he is around 7months and these guys are around 16 weeks.
It depends on the roosters, but they look plenty old to start pecking order fights. They are handsome too.

Hi All,

Last pic here is the only pullet. Clear male specific feathering on the other two.

Back
Top Bottom