20201114_163554.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201114_163536.jpg
    20201114_163536.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201114_163559.jpg
    20201114_163559.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 9
The one with chest feathers that have white virticle lines in them and barring on the shoulder feathers is male (he also has whiter chest in the last pics) the one with less bars on shoulder feathers is female.

That one who is displaying feathers is the one with shoulder bars and is male. That displaying is a male habit but sometimes female chicks do too.

That one who is displaying feathers is the one with shoulder bars and is male. That displaying is a male habit but sometimes female chicks do too.
Thank you. I didn't know if females ever spread tail and wings. I seen him do it once before and thought Male.

The one with chest feathers that have white virticle lines in them and barring on the shoulder feathers is male (he also has whiter chest in the last pics) the one with less bars on shoulder feathers is female.
Thank you. For your help in sexing them.

Thank you. I didn't know if females ever spread tail and wings. I seen him do it once before and thought Male.
All peafowl at any age can and will display and for different reasons. For the very young chicks, it is a self-defence reaction when they are afraid to make themselves look bigger. That reaction will stay with them all through life. Hens display as well but not as often as cocks who obviously are attracting hens mesmerizing them with the vibration of the eye feathers.
IMG_0208 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Now that my mystery of sexes is cleared up.
Is it a must or just overall suggestion that Peacocks need 3 -5 Peahens? Or is it ok just to have 1 Peahen?
If I need more is it ok to buy or sale in here? Rather buy from knowledgeable breeder than an individual.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND INFORMATION!!!

Now that my mystery of sexes is cleared up.
Is it a must or just overall suggestion that Peacocks need 3 -5 Peahens? Or is it ok just to have 1 Peahen?
If I need more is it ok to buy or sale in here? Rather buy from knowledgeable breeder than an individual.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND INFORMATION!!!
It really depends on what you want for your outcome. If you are a breeder producing chicks for sale you want more hens. If you are just an enthusiast then one hen is plenty. We hear that a cock can handle up to five hens with no problem but in reality, three hens will produce as many chicks as five hens because of the increased infertility. Check out Spring Creek Peafowl on FB for a large variety of peafowl.

Back
Top Bottom