Sexing Pigeons?

Quote:
this is usually the case with mature birds, but not always the rule. I had an ash red fantail cock that had really open pelvic space, but that was definately a cock.

well thats disconcerting to know, but i lost my only one i know cock, as was doing training excercises, and it flew out my broken open screen door of my balcony, sat for a minute, hopped and fluttered around a bit, did a wide half circle, and took straight off in one direction, like an arrow.. wondering if it was roller-homer, and just took off towards home, as only had a week, even though guy said roller and would only need to settle a week as was young. the squeakers have gotten out sat around and just flew back in, but this one couldnt even be bothered or lured in with the others or food. we might need to start new tread: WILL THEY HOME/rRETURN???.. lol!

it came back, it came back..
big_smile.png
well one of its squeakers also got out at the exact same time days later, and oddly they both returned with my one on the exact same time, also days apart. both had my one i sent out with them, so now sent out my one to see if it returns at exact time like did with others, or they did it on own and it just followed them, instead of other way around. so these fancy pigeons might not be "rollers" like i bought them as, but they could home as well as be beauties at least! the second to get out and gone for only day, as other young (?), was gone for two days during horrible storms, second one was squeaker still though, and the two squeakers were out all day and till got really dark during rain cold and storms, possibly both "rollers" are now sick and freezing to touch, as well as so tired they just flopped in and splayed there, while my "racer" or whatever it is- soars mostly like a hawk and stays up almost to clouds seemingly, and glides low, rather than just constantly flapping like crazy as others do comparatively, was just fine and still strutting around and acting as perky as can be, though he is alot thinner.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom