Sexing Rhode Island Reds

I was told this RIR was a pullet but now im not sure?

Attachments

• 20200430_201855.jpg
    20200430_201855.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 175
I am trying to determine if my new RIR's are all pullets. A friend told me the tail is the best way to tell. Hens have rounded tail feathers and they are sticking out or kinda up at 6 weeks. Then look at the comb and waddles. If they are getting big, but stay orange and not red, then they could be pullets.
The roosters tail feathers are not round and seem to have a little point off the tip of each feather. The waddle is more defined and getting red. The comb is not orange, but getting very red.
I had a buff Orp and I swear it was a rooster. She laid an egg at 9 weeks. We were shocked. She was sooooooooooooooooo big.

Hi there, Our RIR's are 7 weeks old. But one of our "Girls" has a larger red/ dark pink comb and wattles...And her tail feathers are pointed and suddenly she is bigger than her litter mates...Do you think our girl is a rooster? Here's a pic
IMG_2952.jpeg
IMG_2953.jpeg
IMG_2956.jpeg
IMG_2957.jpeg
...Thank you so much!

Hi there, Our RIR's are 7 weeks old. But one of our "Girls" has a larger red/ dark pink comb and wattles...And her tail feathers are pointed and suddenly she is bigger than her litter mates...Do you think our girl is a rooster? Here's a picView attachment 2309010View attachment 2309026View attachment 2309028View attachment 2309029...Thank you so much!
She looks like a He to me. I have RIR and my boys looked like that, developed their combs much faster than the ladies.

Back
Top Bottom