Sexing Rouen ducks by bill color???

Sorry. Not sure why that pic didn't attach to the first post.
Also, I was wondering if that all dark one with the black feet is a Khaki?? He looks nothing like the others and they all have the orange and black striped feet. That's why I hate buying animals from Rural King. I'm not experienced enough to know definitively what they're selling me. Lol. ;)

from what it looks like u have two males and three females they have more of a olive bill the males also i think the one in the back might be a mallard she seems a tad more developed buy smaller and your black duck looks like a very nice hybrid but the rest seam to be rouens also look for them to pare up that could help u to figure who is boy and girl

Yes. They all came from the "Rouen bin" at Rural King.
We also bought 3 Pekins from the "Pekin bin". Turns out 2 of the "Pekins" are actually Indian Runners. Lol. :p

ya so u prob got the last of what they had or somthin your black one is pritey big check that quack u just might have three male and three female the quack should be like a quack mixed with a hissss lol that would be a male

This has me all confused now.
Here is a picture of our three rouens when they were approx. a month old. The picture below it is at about 9 weeks. Our "female" had a yellowish beak and the males have the olive colored bill. The female also had a very distinct quack compared to the harsh quiet sound.
This concerns me now because we lost one female and a male to a bobcat the other night and now we have a male, which from what you are saying, may be a girl. We are trying to decide to get it a companion and are searching as far as 300 miles north to find one. If its indeed a girl. we are going the wrong route.
Both male & female get the blue feathers, but since they are not completely grown, its too difficult to determine.

the female should have no green sheen in the feathers on the head and have a bit of black in the bill and be yelowish if it is a male raspy quack olive bill green sheen on head and if they are arrowned nine weeks u might fined a baby feather or two starting to curl

Back
Top Bottom