Sexing Silkies

Not totally bad... At least until they start fighting. Because now I have in that garden 2 males and only one female... I hope they'll get along 🙄
I can tell you right now you don't have enough hens for two roosters or even one. If you intend one keeping them I highly suggest making a bachelor's pad for them for the sake of your lone hen. The two can live together after asserting dominance.

Not totally bad... At least until they start fighting. Because now I have in that garden 2 males and only one female... I hope they'll get along 🙄
Is all you have is 3 if so I suggest that you make a batchler coop for the boys they will get along without any hens present i have a batchler coop that as of yesterday has 12 residents and get along great and they're from different places

12?! Really? And they all get along? 😳
I have another coop but is only for big girls and boys. The fence is not so tall as I would like and many predators outside and I can only have there chickens that doesn't fly. Orpington, bresse gauloise, malines and marans.
The girl and the Silkies are in a smaller garden with big walls so they could not fly. She is a barbu duncle.

12?! Really? And they all get along? 😳
I have another coop but is only for big girls and boys. The fence is not so tall as I would like and many predators outside and I can only have there chickens that doesn't fly. Orpington, bresse gauloise, malines and marans.
The girl and the Silkies are in a smaller garden with big walls so they could not fly. She is a barbu duncle.
Oh ya as long as there are no hens you can have an entire flock of just roosters with no issues they're all rescues/rehomed roosters most of them are from different homes and I took them in because they're former owner either didn't want them or couldn't keep them if it were me i would put her in with the others or get more hens for the boys and if you are worried about her size with the other roosters I wouldn't in my main coop i have 8roos 2barred rock and 6 bantams and the barred rocks don't bother my bantam hens they stick with the bigger hens the golden sexlinks, black sexlinks and my bantams do who ever they want of the 39hens

Back
Top Bottom