Sexing silkies!

Can you help I have a silkie 14 weeks old. It seems a little more outgoing and agrees I've to my little d
og. Can you tell

That is indeed a pullet :D

I hope u can help us :) we are chicken novice and got three silkies this spring.we were hoping to have three hens but I think we have two roos and a pullet. We have a white (Tyler, formerly Cinderella) black (Luna) and buff (Fuzzy). Here are their pictures. I suspect the black is a pullet and the other two r roos. Thanks so very much for ur help.

I hope u can help us :) we are chicken novice and got three silkies this spring.we were hoping to have three hens but I think we have two roos and a pullet. We have a white (Tyler, formerly Cinderella) black (Luna) and buff (Fuzzy). Here are their pictures. I suspect the black is a pullet and the other two r roos. Thanks so very much for ur help.

Actually, the only one that remotely looks like a roo is Tyler. :)

Oh yay! That is such exciting news! Thank u so very much :celebrate Just for curiosities sake, how old should they b when they r "easier" to tell? They r only about 9.5 weeks old.

Last edited:
Oh yay! That is such exciting news! Thank u so very much :celebrate Just for curiosities sake, how old should they b when they r "easier" to tell? They r only about 9.5 weeks old.

Silkies are usually "easier" to sex when they lay or crow haha, but seriously. Personally it's easier to sex when 4-6 months old :)

Thank u :) I will give them a lil bit more time and try to get a few more and hopefully closer up pictures. Thank u so very much for all ur help and advice. I really appreciate it.

Good Afternoon, I am hoping that you are still helping out. I purchased the silkie hen and she/he is starting to look like a male to me. Can you please help? I'm not supposed to have roosters.

Back
Top Bottom