Sexing Slarlight green egger

I know this is an older thread, but any chance you have pics of your starlight hen? Do the pullets get a little pink in the comb and wattle at a younger age since it's a leghorn cross? I have one that is 4.5 ish weeks. It has a little pinkish in the comb and wattle area. I had another that I exchanged that I was certain was a boy. Even bigger comb at 2.5/3 weeks and pretty aggressive cockerel behavior. Now that I don't have that one to compare to, I'm questioning this one too 😂
Female.

Mine just started laying a couple weeks ago. Being a Leghorn cross they have got the big combs.

I know this is an older thread, but any chance you have pics of your starlight hen? Do the pullets get a little pink in the comb and wattle at a younger age since it's a leghorn cross? I have one that is 4.5 ish weeks. It has a little pinkish in the comb and wattle area. I had another that I exchanged that I was certain was a boy. Even bigger comb at 2.5/3 weeks and pretty aggressive cockerel behavior. Now that I don't have that one to compare to, I'm questioning this one too 😂

I am horrible at remembering to take my camera out. I do have a couple pics I think.

IMG_20190415_144211_burst_01.jpg
The starlight greens are the red birds. Yup a bit of pink/red at about 5-6 weeks old. The other 2 birds are prairie blue bells. They were still in my brooder coop so under 8 weeks for certain.

Do you have a pic of your bird in question?

Her of the questionable bird!! Thanks so much for your help!

I am horrible at remembering to take my camera out. I do have a couple pics I think.

View attachment 2224861
The starlight greens are the red birds. Yup a bit of pink/red at about 5-6 weeks old. The other 2 birds are prairie blue bells. They were still in my brooder coop so under 8 weeks for certain.

Do you have a pic of your bird in question?

Attachments

• 20200701_161858(1).jpg
    20200701_161858(1).jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 22

Back
Top Bottom