Sexing two silkies and a polish

Knittyikitty99

In the Brooder
Oct 9, 2021
Hi,
We need some help sexing two of our silkies and possibly our polish. Two of our silkies have crowed recently, while another sometimes fights with the roosters and another is very sleepy all the time, but doesn’t seem to fight with them. The polish lives in a seperate coop but has their tail feathers high and their crest looks different than our other polish’s. We were told she was a female but is sort of displaying rooster-like behavior. The silkies were born on June 23 and the polish was born around July 8.
I have some pictures as well. Can anyone help? We could also wait a bit longer if needed, too.

Attachments

• 0F1EE24C-E9AF-4975-B826-98F39E70DDCE.jpeg
    0F1EE24C-E9AF-4975-B826-98F39E70DDCE.jpeg
    438.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 261DB7A6-9BCF-4745-B542-97A2D953D246.jpeg
    261DB7A6-9BCF-4745-B542-97A2D953D246.jpeg
    542.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 7A10B893-0F47-42F5-B082-0A48D7838224.jpeg
    7A10B893-0F47-42F5-B082-0A48D7838224.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 35
  • BDED6A6D-A717-420E-A7CC-FDB2EE959FBE.jpeg
    BDED6A6D-A717-420E-A7CC-FDB2EE959FBE.jpeg
    596 KB · Views: 34
  • BFF0B3F0-B03E-40BE-B018-DFBA6FC3721B.jpeg
    BFF0B3F0-B03E-40BE-B018-DFBA6FC3721B.jpeg
    501.4 KB · Views: 37
Polish looks like a hen. The black silkie looks like a hen. The white silkie appears a roo.

Hi,
We need some help sexing two of our silkies and possibly our polish. Two of our silkies have crowed recently, while another sometimes fights with the roosters and another is very sleepy all the time, but doesn’t seem to fight with them. The polish lives in a seperate coop but has their tail feathers high and their crest looks different than our other polish’s. We were told she was a female but is sort of displaying rooster-like behavior. The silkies were born on June 23 and the polish was born around July 8.
I have some pictures as well. Can anyone help? We could also wait a bit longer if needed, too.
Polish is a pullet. The white silkie is a cockerel and the black one looks like it may have streamer feathers. @LadiesAndJane or @MysteryChicken are good at sexing silkies though.

Hi,
Both Silkies look like males to me. Hope I am wrong, but the white one looks especially masculine. The Polish is a pullet.

Hi,
The two black silkies are cockerels. The white is a cockerel, the Polish are pullets.

Thanks for all your responses! We suspected that the white one was a roo, but we’ll see about the blue silkie. Also I forgot to mention to please ignore the blue silkie in the far back in the second to last picture, I didn’t mean to get him in there haha! He just kinda photobombed it, we already know his gender since he crowed a few nights ago!

Back
Top Bottom