Sexlink or Australorp?

The Austrolorp is in the guiness book of records for laying 364 eggs in 365 days. Think I'm kidding just call Murray McMurray and ask them about it. I have both sexlinks and aussies and Love both and both lay great through out the year. For me the Austrolorp is superior, just my opinion. Paraclete 2

I had both, raised them from babies. I just sold off ten of the sex links this weekend as we are trying to cut back on our flock to a more manageable number, we were at 53 birds total.

The sex links by far made the most noise. My Austrolorps lay a much bigger egg than the sex links did, although I do think the sex links laid more. I do know that the noise level has decreased considerably since we got rid of the sex links.I also have EE's, RIR's, and Barred Rocks. The EE's are my most favorite, but that is just a personal opinion.

I think that helps settle it. Based on all the replies, I think we'll go with the Australorps. It can get really cold where they are housed, so the heavier breeds will probably do best. fair amount of shade in summer time with the trees, so it shouldn't get too bad.

Back
Top Bottom