Shade Cloth for Hoop Coop - Need Your Input!

Option 1:
For tarps that have no eyes, you can use tarp clamps.

Option B:

Sandwich the tarp with to strips of wood and screw them together.

Option III:

Get a Circular saw and cut down the length of PVC pipe. Like the two big pipes(just an example.) Clamp pvc to table stack boards til the Shoe can sit without teetering. Screw down one more board offset as a guild. Cut the slit just big enough for the tarp to fit. If you get lucky you can roll the tarp over the smaller pipe and push it all the way in, keeping the stitched over lapped edge coming out (like towel end) and it might just hold tight enough. If it is too tight you can slit the inner pipe so that is can compress. Too loose, you can slide tarp all the way in and screw the two pipes together at the ends and one in the middle.

View attachment 3516677
Thanks. I can see either A or B working for me.

But if I strap it I can't roll up the ends. I'd have to cut it, or fold it over double.
:confused:
You would have to use a piece of lumber just above where you want to roll it two and secure the straps there. That should allow you to roll up and opening for air flow. I have massive openings in the ends of my houses for air flow and a little along the bottom of the tarps.

You would have to use a piece of lumber just above where you want to roll it two and secure the straps there. That should allow you to roll up and opening for air flow. I have massive openings in the ends of my houses for air flow and a little along the bottom of the tarps.
Do you have a photo of the setup?

Maybe get some 2x4 a little longer than the short side and staple it on and/or sandwich with two lengths of 2x4 and use some 3"screws. You can then roll it up like a scroll and use hooks to secure the 2x4 'handles'

Maybe get some 2x4 a little longer than the short side and staple it on and/or sandwich with two lengths of 2x4 and use some 3"screws. You can then roll it up like a scroll and use hooks to secure the 2x4 'handles'
What type of hooks? I'm trying to NOT damage the hardware cloth sides.

It rained yesterday evening, and the shade cloth allowed some rain through but not in full force.

IMG_20230524_170329078~3.jpg

IMG_20230524_170329078.jpg

Back
Top Bottom