Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

And I always thought crowbars looked like this
crowbar.jpg

I guess yours is a crow bar :D
Or even a, "HEY, ARE YOU HUMANS TRYING TO TALK ON THE PHONE OR NAP?" bar.

Thanks for asking about Jr. I have not seen him in a few weeks due to work. I am currently on a rig near Dubai. I will see if Lety can get a picture today. If not I'll be home this weekend to give an update. I'm glad Carrots beak grew back as it gives me hope for Jr. 😊
Hopefully his beak is coming in well. Maybe it'll even grow back straighter this time 🤷‍♀️ Here's hoping! Be safe out there, and safe travels.

you might find this interesting
https://doi.org/10.1017/S1466252310000095
'Avian influenza: our current understanding'
It's from 2010, so 13 years behind now, but better than most things I've read on the topic.
This is history. The lethal avian flu we are coping with today has altered a lot. It kills all kind of birds now and doesn’t go away anymore during the summer. Even predators like foxes and scavengers like rats get infected.

However, AI, like other influenza viruses, suffers from antigenic drift, and vaccines will need to be targeted for the best results. Other technologies may include the use of transgenic animals that are resistant to influenza infection. These technologies are on the near horizon, but are currently out of reach.
There are 2 vaccins that are tested and work. But the poultry industry won’t use it until the export rules have changes.

Last edited:
It kills all kind of birds now and doesn’t go away anymore during the summer. Even predators like foxes and scavengers like rats get infected.
It did then. I cannot copy the whole article under usage rules.
There are 2 vaccins that are tested and work
it's a lot more complicated than that. Like all flu viruses and vaccines, there are strains, they change easily, and the one a vaccine is designed to target may not be the problem when the vaccine's ready and available.

Back
Top Bottom