Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

An explanation of the TAX.
When By Bob created his Fluffy Butt Acres thread his intention was to talk about chickens. There are numerous threads on BYC where people can moan about their lives, their relatives, and talk about whatever other subject unrelated to chickens on.
Thread drift, like shite, happens. In order to minimize talk of such unimportnat matters unrelated to chickens By Bob introduced a tax system. If you posted on some other subject then you had to post a picture of a chicken as a penalty for thread trash. Bob being a warm and kind hearted man wouldn't just ban, or hurl abuse at the transgressions as I might (I'm getting better, honest:oops:)
I think it's a wonderful idea and it means that people can like a post even if they don't agree with the content because there is a lovely chicken in it.
It has by and large worked well. Bob's thread is imo one of the best on the site and I have kept it as my home thread on BYC for some time now.
So, to increase Bob's revenue I'm charging tax here. I'm purely a non profit concern and you will be happy to know that all tax collected goes towards Bob's thread eviction costs.:D

:cool:

An explanation of the TAX.
When By Bob created his Fluffy Butt Acres thread his intention was to talk about chickens. There are numerous threads on BYC where people can maon about their lives, their relatives, and talk about whatever other subject unrelated to chickens on.
Thread drift, like shite, happens. In order to minimize talk of such unimportnat matters unrelated to chickens By Bob introduced a tax system. If you posted on some other subject then you had to post a picture of a chicken as a penalty for thread trash. Bob being a warm and kind hearted man wouldn't just ban, or hurl abuse at the transgressions as I might (I'm getting better, honest:oops:)
I think it's a wonderful idea and it means that people can like a post even if they don't agree with the content because there is a lovely chicken in it.
It has by and large worked well. Bob's thread is imo one of the best on the site and I have kept it as my home thread on BYC for some time now.
So, to increase Bob's revenue I'm charging tax here. I'm purely a non profit concern and you will be happy to know that all tax collected goes towards Bob's thread eviction costs.:D

:cool:
So, now I have credit in advance for derailing the thread? Hmmm.....

I have like 15 threads to follow 2 being my own..
Have a few chickens I will add for Tax
006.jpg
001.jpg

Hope, time and patience.
There are only certain things that I am able to treat. The list is very similar to the list I had for the Tribes in Catalonia.
Some conditions that others may treat I won't. Not because I care any less but because my view is different.
Conditons such as reproductive issues which for example the Golden Comets are particularly suseptible to are not really fixable. I know people try but at what cost to the hen and themselves. One may extend the hens life and some will report that their hens lived what seemed to be a heathy and happy life for some time after treatment.
I am interested in, and only have the resources for, making these chickens quality of life better while they remain reasonably healthy. After that a quick end is in my view preferable for them, the rest of the group and me.

I would, if I could find a vet I trusted within easy travelling distance use them in some circumstances. I know of three or four excellent vets in the UK but all are over one hundred miles away and all are very expensive. If I find a good vet in the South West this might change.
While I'm never happy with the these are or are not my chickens type attitude; a sick creature is a sick creature and ownership should not be a factor, I can't afford to spend hundreds of pounds on saving what are essentially dead chickens walking.

I will treat for parasites, injuries if realistic, egg binding, crop disorders to a point, beak reshaping and environmental improvements. Cancers/organ failures and problems of this type are going to kill these hens at some point. They were not bred to live long.

I have the basic supplies now and unless someone wants to buy me a couple of acres of land with a few coops and a bit of a shed for me, it's the best I can do.:p
Well, unfortunately I can't help you with hope, time nor patience (none are my personal virtues), but in the event something isn't readily available where you are, message me and if available here, I'm happy to ship your way.
I admire what you're doing and support you not only in posts.

This is a very interesting read & thank you for sharing your time, patience, knowledge & care with these creatures who are in such desperate need. Thank you for making their lives better every day, for as many days as they have left on this earth & thank you for taking us along on your collective journey.

It's the wee hours of the morning & I have to fight the urge to wake up my flock to tell them how much I love & appreciate them. The fact that I would likely be chicken scolded (rightfully so) is keeping me indoors. Tomorrow is time enough.

Back
Top Bottom