Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

That’s some serious fluff! :love
He is ridiculously good looking and a total sweetheart ♡ I'm a lucky mom
20211125_075400~2.jpg
20211125_074639~2.jpg

They gave me a Mac at my new job. I can't work out storing documents on it. And forget using Microsoft office suite on it. Much harder to do. I do not find it intuitive at all.

Chicken Tax
View attachment 2907739
I’ve been using Macs for a long time so I must be just used to them.

Tax:
0A8A71BA-556F-4A97-8BB5-C50452BCB086.jpeg

A short disclaimer.

I love hens but above all I love roosters. I don’t care much if they like me back. I’ll work with that.
I’ve looked after lots of roosters and I’ve never had to kill one because of how he behaved towards me.
I’ve been flogged, spurred, pecked, had all sorts of stuff done to my boots, hands and clothing, most of which isn’t to be discussed in refined company.:oops:
All that and no swearing that has to be commended :clap

Ex-battery hens are often severely ill at the time they will be available for rescuers. Most of them suffer from incurable kidney issues (whitish watery diarrhea) and severe reproductive and behavioral disorders.

By the time you notice a hen suffering, they are often too far along for anything else than palliative care.

• For heart problems, hawthorn (crateagus) can be helpful. It is available in form of tea or capsules.
  • For liver issues/intoxication, milk thistle is known to help. Tea or capsules.
  • For ovarian cancer some people try the hormonal implant (costly!).
Thanks so much.

I only have dried milk thistle. I will get hawthorn asap as for the the hormonal implant now I'm lost but will look to see if I can get hold of it. I don't have money for vets and they are an impossibility too get to.

Just looking out for my girls, we hav a mouse situation here. They just got in again. I have someone coming around tomorrow to help me figure this out.

Agatha is amazing, she was stood on the coop door keeping them out she's so tired and I am very proud of her. :love View attachment 2907398

The coop door is now closed. But it's official, my battery escapes have most definitely got their positions in the diva flock.

Princess diva, was on patrol last night, tonight it's Agathas turn.
I feel so incredibly proud of my littles, they are coming into their selves and love every moment of their lives. After all they have been put through how can they trust me as they do

Back
Top Bottom