Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Here, opinion tax, because I post so many of them. This is one of my Dominique cockerels, a little over 4 months old. Is he a full tax or a partial?

PXL_20211203_182152979~2.jpg

What I would like you to do is read the Hen Health topics found in the header (the top bit of the page) and make a comparison with the Pear Tree Farm page and what you know about chickens from your own experience and what you've read on whatever chickens internet sites you visit.
Whatever one may think of the BHWT's pages on hen health, they offer it all for free. I note the PTF ask for a 50p donation to read their hen health guide, which I'm guessing is fairly short and uninformative, if the rest of their page on hens is typical of their standard. They seem to have got the monetizing side of animal welfare well worked out; other aspects, not so good. Sentiment seems to be what's in greatest supply at their place.

Whatever one may think of the BHWT's pages on hen health, they offer it all for free. I note the PTF ask for a 50p donation to read their hen health guide, which I'm guessing is fairly short and uninformative, if the rest of their page on hens is typical of their standard. They seem to have got the monetizing side of animal welfare well worked out; other aspects, not so good. Sentiment seems to be what's in greatest supply at their place.
Indeed. A lot of sentiment and gush. Not much in the way of information and knowledge.

I noticed the Hen Health sections advised using DE in several places

Their information was on the paltry side. It should have said, "Go to BYC and search for threads on your problem. Then ask questions, and you will get a lot more information and advise."
They don't appear to be very well informed do they.:(

is there some sort of financial wheeze going on with the emphasis on making sure donors claim to be 'friends and family' when sending money to these people? dodging income tax? or am I being too suspicious/cynical?

You're not suggesting Fabio is a bit light on the hygine department are you?:th
:lau
No, never that. He usually bathes at the end of the day when the vast majority of his hens have gone to roost. I've never seen him bathe with the others. Always by himself.

Back
Top Bottom