Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

The new coop arrived this morning. I can still lift 60kg I discovered.:th
Got to love those delivery companies that don't make it clear they only do kirbside deliveries. No matter. It's in the field. Off to buy some wood to make the legs for it later, and a ramp of course.
I'll get some pictures later. I haven't been at home much this week and the computer I've been using doesn't seem to have a sensible image compression option.

Not sure if i already posted these or not...
20220522_190549.jpg
20220522_190501.jpg
20220522_190443.jpg
20220522_190434.jpg
20220522_190429.jpg

My chickenless neighbour is revising her opinion of them after watching my girls in action. It's not just they've hopped the fence to clean up her grasshopper problem. She can't believe how smart they act when the hawk is around. It's not just they call for me. They move from cover to cover & the little girls run between shrubbery & a bigger hen for maximum safety, rather like combat soldiers. And, of course, I have very pretty girls! ;)
Speaking of smart chickens, we one had this one Banty that figured out how to open a spring gate. ( had no latch)
She would push in between the slats until it was halfway open, then run around the fence.

The new coop arrived this morning. I can still lift 60kg I discovered.:th
Mind your back! Get help to lift it. That's more than twice what binmen are expected to lift these days.
That's pretty impressive ! I whine if I have to lift 30 and my back kills me if not the next day then the day after.

If you can't get help at least get yourself a wheelbarrow, there must be one on the allotments. And someone to do a back massage afterwards 🙂.

That's pretty impressive ! I whine if I have to lift 30 and my back kills me if not the next day then the day after.

If you can't get help at least get yourself a wheelbarrow, there must be one on the allotments. And someone to do a back massage afterwards 🙂.
There isn't a working wheelbarrow at the allotments.
No one to give massages either.:D

Back
Top Bottom