Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I'll have another look at your coop later.
Securing the tarpaulin is where I'm short on experience and ideas. I've found one that is affordable with eyelet rivits every 6 inches at a fixed size which if fitted would only cover say 60% of the hoop. I could stitch that to the weldmesh with line wire. The stitch won't give but the eyelets might tear out.
Having the tarpaulin rip loose, I and the chickens can cope with. It would just blow onto the main run fence. Finding out that the tarpaulin had held but ripped the hoop structure off the ground and maybe torn away from the coop itself is not what I'm after. Best of all is if it all just stayed put.:D

I've done the coop's blown over bit a few times in the past. I can't be doing with the drama. Hurt chickens possibly. Coop needs sorting out and quickly. You've been up most of the night checking that the chickens haven't flown off with the coop. Then it happens, you've just managed an hours sleep between 5am and 6am and gone out to see in the coming daylight and a coops on its back with busted panels and some very frightened chickens inside if the roof stayed on.
The first day we put up our green house we hadn't finished putting earth back over the plastic to hold it. There was a storm in the night. Next morning it had ripped off the plastic, taken out two of the poles and broken a third.
IMG_20210509_183707.jpg

We also had some bad experience with the tarp protecting the old houses when the roof was down.
If you tie the tarp to the main structure I would say anchor the main structure by tying solid strings to cinder blocks all around. Unless it's completely hermetic and no air gets in a tarp will always act as a sail and pull away anything.

Sounds like a rabid dog.:lol: I would prefer a floor I could sweep and mop but I've got carpet instead. I recently bought a vacum cleaner. I don't think I'll be getting one of those robo vacs.
Have you heard of a series of animations called Love Death and Robots? There's a great animation in the series where the house robot malfunctions. It's good series. A bit strange at times but usually very well done.
We collectively own with my nine cousins and my brother a cabin that's been for ages in our family in the mountains, and the 40 years old vacuum cleaner recently died peacefully.
There was a heated but very funny debate where some of us wanted to get a robot, some wanted a battery vacuum cleaner, some just the most basic one, and my hard core elder cousin and small brother didn't understand why we couldn't use the broom to clean up 😂.

Tax : little black bantam chick, the odd one out. No wonder my cat would like to eat it, it looks so much like a bird.
IMG_20220623_154455.jpg

Okay So Puzzle me this. I have a 2 year old marans hen. Last year I broke in the buster in 2 days not clucking any more.
This round she is not clucking flattened like a pancake but crows like look what I did.
Any idea what is with the hen ?
Nope, not a clue.:lol:

The first day we put up our green house we hadn't finished putting earth back over the plastic to hold it. There was a storm in the night. Next morning it had ripped off the plastic, taken out two of the poles and broken a third.
View attachment 3161149
We also had some bad experience with the tarp protecting the old houses when the roof was down.
If you tie the tarp to the main structure I would say anchor the main structure by tying solid strings to cinder blocks all around. Unless it's completely hermetic and no air gets in a tarp will always act as a sail and pull away anything.
I'm hoping to avoid this.:fl

There was an article somewhere in the BBC I think that had some interesting information on the most recent progress in AI. Terminator is looking more likely by the day.:p
That’ll be nice. A terminator lookalike that assists elderly or handicapped who like to stay @home.

Back
Top Bottom