Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

The roof didn't get beat up as badly as I thought. I had two layers of these plastic panels with a tarp sandwiched in between them. The top layer is completely gone, as well as most of the tarp.

20221004_130249.jpg

The coop was actually moved a bit. The clean area is where the corner used to be.
20221004_121708.jpg

This is the corner of the run opposite the previous picture. You can see that it was moved almost an inch. I plan to screw in a piece of wood to secure up that newly formed gap.
20221004_123333.jpg

The next 3 pics show where the hardware cloth was actually bent by the wind.
20221004_123327.jpg
20221004_123319.jpg
20221004_123316.jpg

I had to make a few adjustments to the run door so it would open and close smoothly. You can see where the stuff used to be screwed on.
20221004_130006.jpg

Attachments

• 20221004_121708.jpg
    20221004_121708.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221004_130249.jpg
    20221004_130249.jpg
    743.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221004_123333.jpg
    20221004_123333.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
My hands, well they get into a bit of a mess in the winter. The skin on my finger tips splits and on my knuckles. Some stuff I just can't do wearing gloves. I've tried various creams amd remedies. I think I've found something that works.
It's called O'Keeffe's Working Hands.

My hands also feel the cold very quickly and last winter my hands were like ice blocks. I've recently got what reputation has as good waterproof thermal gloves. I've just got them so I don't know how they will fare but I hope they do what they say on the packet.
They are called; ejendals-tegera-295-insulated-waterproof-gloves.
I can testify that O'Keefe's is good stuff. When I worked 80 hour weeks in the oilfield my feet were in rough shape especially in the summer. After a couple of applications the result was miraculous.

The roof didn't get beat up as badly as I thought. I had two layers of these plastic panels with a tarp sandwiched in between them. The top layer is completely gone, as well as most of the tarp.

View attachment 3280666

The coop was actually moved a bit. The clean area is where the corner used to be.
View attachment 3280674

This is the corner of the run opposite the previous picture. You can see that it was moved almost an inch. I plan to screw in a piece of wood to secure up that newly formed gap.
View attachment 3280668

The next 3 pics show where the hardware cloth was actually bent by the wind.
View attachment 3280675View attachment 3280679View attachment 3280682

I had to make a few adjustments to the run door so it would open and close smoothly. You can see where the stuff used to be screwed on.
View attachment 3280683
It did okay considering. It looks quite heavy.
Any damage to your house?

I can testify that O'Keefe's is good stuff. When I worked 80 hour weeks in the oilfield my feet were in rough shape especially in the summer. After a couple of applications the result was miraculous.
It's definitely making a difference to my hands. It isn't cold yet but the cracks that were appearing just from the damp have almost closed up. If it does okay after 4 hours outside at +2Cto 4C I'll be pleased.

Seriously, cam you believe this lot in the chicken feed bin!All past their sale date of course.
PA040347.JPG

PA040351.JPG
PA040354.JPG
PA040356.JPG

There were 13 on the roost bars for a while. Not sure why the one in the middle of the floor got down.
PA040360.JPG

Lima gets's next ot Henry mosy nights now.
PA040361.JPG

Tarp, washers, sealant and a couple of leangths of timber were all supposed to arrive today. None of them did. I've been cutting EDPM washers out of a sheet to go between the tarp and the mesh where it will fit under the front of the coop overhang. I'm ready to move the coop but can't get any help until the weekend probably. Could be a skids and levers job on my own. It can be done with the right lever. it's just slow with one person and chickens helping.:lol: Two people with poles and straps could do it in seconds.

Seriously, cam you believe this lot in the chicken feed bin!All past their sale date of course.
View attachment 3281031

There were 13 on the roost bars for a while. Not sure why the one in the middle of the floor got down.

Lima gets's next ot Henry mosy nights now.
Tarp, washers, sealant and a couple of leangths of timber were all supposed to arrive today. None of them did. I've been cutting EDPM washers out of a sheet to go between the tarp and the mesh where it will fit under the front of the coop overhang. I'm ready to move the coop but can't get any help until the weekend probably. Could be a skids and levers job on my own. It can be done with the right lever. it's just slow with one person and chickens helping.:lol: Two people with poles and straps could do it in seconds.
What are these packages in the big transparent bag? Empty feed bags?

Wish I could help with this job. Pitty you moved to England and not to the centre of the Netherlands.

Back
Top Bottom