Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Pheackens if it follows the pattern of ligers and tigons.

Spice, several months ago, for tax.

Attachments

• 7CBAAD5B-51E6-4D47-A8F7-BEB789DDB2D9.jpeg
    7CBAAD5B-51E6-4D47-A8F7-BEB789DDB2D9.jpeg
    666.3 KB · Views: 1
I just think it's important for these kinds of topics where conspiracy theories erupt and bits get ommited in reporting to have a reference point of what actually happened, or was written, and often overlooked, where it was written.
It's that interesting problem of mixing politics with chicken keeping being wonderfully demonstrated.:p
Yes, people with an agenda will present only the parts that fit their agenda. There was a big statewide vote here last year. Someone posted PART of a video (which I could find nowhere else) on a local board (Front Porch Forum). It started in the middle of a doctor's presentation, carefully avoiding the prior part which would have given context. The part that was shown was clearly meant to lead one to make suppositions that would agree with the poster's position, but not lead to a decision based on all the facts.

I have just witnessed Coed (the pheasant) trying to mate Quenell (SFH pullet); she was not impressed, but didn't run far away either. His self-integration efforts are reaching new heights!
further to this, apparently it's a well documented phenomenon - occurring naturally as well as with penned birds, though all the refs are a bit old on the wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org//wiki/Gamebird_hybrids#cite_ref-12 .
If they do hit it off, it could produce some very special birds though - see the photo thereon of such birds in the Rothschild Museum Tring.

Day off yesterday.
It looks like C did feed them but I don't know if they got fed this morning or the second tray in the coop extension was from Sunday.
What a lovely day. Blue skies and it got to 10C at one point.
P2060249.JPG

I kept them on or around my plot today. I dug up half a dozen decent sized potatoes next to the bins. Also found a pile of rocks just to the left of the pale blue/green bin.:(
P2060254.JPG

It looks as if there may have been two plots here at some point, the other on the other side of the bins where sheets of geotextile have been left on the ground and the vegitiation has grown through it.
P2060251.JPG

P2060250.JPG
P2060253.JPG
P2060252.JPG
P2060256.JPG

So, exciting day today! I got home from work and enough snow had melted around the run area that my girls finally ventured out into the one sandy corner by my house. It was warm enough to hang out with them until it started getting dark. They found the tiniest starts of dandelions poking through! Poor things haven’t come out in a few weeks with all the snow (although I do open the door every day, unless it is way below zero with wind, usually they choose not to leave the run when there is snow piled
up.) Should’ve got a pic, but I fell on the steps coming out of the coop and scraped up my leg, so photography wasn’t on my mind….

further to this, apparently it's a well documented phenomenon - occurring naturally as well as with penned birds, though all the refs are a bit old on the wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org//wiki/Gamebird_hybrids#cite_ref-12 .
If they do hit it off, it could produce some very special birds though - see the photo thereon of such birds in the Rothschild Museum Tring.
Wow, those chicken/pheasant hybrids are beautiful. Wouldn’t that be a fascinating addition to your flock!
So, exciting day today! I got home from work and enough snow had melted around the run area that my girls finally ventured out into the one sandy corner by my house. It was warm enough to hang out with them until it started getting dark. They found the tiniest starts of dandelions poking through! Poor things haven’t come out in a few weeks with all the snow (although I do open the door every day, unless it is way below zero with wind, usually they choose not to leave the run when there is snow piled
up.) Should’ve got a pic, but I fell on the steps coming out of the coop and scraped up my leg, so photography wasn’t on my mind….
Sorry about your leg, I hope it’s only superficial.

Back
Top Bottom