Shaking head and not leaving her perch or eating

Pocoscowgirl

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 2, 2015
I wanted to see if anyone has any natural remedies for maybe repertory illness. Or any other ideas that might be going on with my Marren. She is not even a year old, just started this behavior this morning. We do not have a vet in this area and would like to see if there are any natural remedies.
🙏

If it is an upper respiratory infection, sinus infection, or ear infection, sometimes they clear these themselves in few days. I've had some even sneezing and sounding raspy. I put Nutra Cell in their water and Vet RX under their wings and near nostrils. Vet RX cures nothing, it's just a chicken version of Vicks so might make them feel better. Vitamins help them build immunities and fight whatever they have, like we do when we're sick.

Oregano is said to be a natural antibiotic, but I would stay away from essential oils of it because it is so potent, you could harm the chicken worse than helping.

Here is an article about oregano from our BYC Project Manager.

I would try what you'd like to that's natural, but if no improvement in a couple of days, or she gets worse, she'll need an antibiotic.

Back
Top Bottom