Shaking head and Yawning continuously!

Geetha

Hatching
Sep 3, 2020
I have a 3year old rooster, It was very healthy until a few weeks back, It started yawning and Gradually the yawning increased in the day and Even shaking head before yawning continuously all day,When I pick her up and hold in my hands it won’t yawn or shake its head,His appetite is also normal and also drinks water,I am so worried about my rooster! Can someone help asap?

I have a 3year old rooster, It was very healthy until a few weeks back, It started yawning and Gradually the yawning increased in the day and Even shaking head before yawning continuously all day,When I pick her up and hold in my hands it won’t yawn or shake its head,His appetite is also normal and also drinks water,I am so worried about my rooster! Can someone help asap?
Pls someone help immediately

Hi and welcome! :frow I am sure someone will answer soon with some suggestion for you. If he is eating and drinking normally, he is probably not in immediate need of medical attention. However, that being said, it would be good to find out the problem before it gets to that point. Unfortunately, I am too new at chicken keeping to give you any answers. It could be some ear problem?

Hi and welcome! :frow I am sure someone will answer soon with some suggestion for you. If he is eating and drinking normally, he is probably not in immediate need of medical attention. However, that being said, it would be good to find out the problem before it gets to that point. Unfortunately, I am too new at chicken keeping to give you any answers. It could be some ear problem?
I’m worried if he’s getting any worse day by day, The yawning just wont stop, It concerns me a lot, He lives in home and does not go into any mud to play or eat, we feed healthy food, There’s no possibility of of gapeworm.

Pls someone help immediately:hmm
I’m worried if he’s getting any worse day by day, The yawning just wont stop, It concerns me a lot, He lives in home and does not go into any mud to play or eat, we feed healthy food, There’s no possibility of of gapeworm.
Welcome To BYC

Thank you for your patience.
Can you please get some photos of the rooster, the inside of his beak and his poop?
A video of his actions may also be helpful. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Where are you located in the world?
What do you feed including treats?
Do you provide poultry grit (crushed granite)?

Look inside his beak for any lesions or canker, check to make sure his crop is emptying overnight. Look inside his ears for signs of infection.

Hopefully with the video, photos and your answering the questions above we can offer more suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom