Shamo hen broody or something else

Sounds good.
You are providing a source of calcium for your pullets and hens free choice correct? Oyster shells?
I have been providing crushed egg shells but every few days as I cannot collect enough and by the time i do the hens have eaten all the previous stock :( I will go and purchase some oyster shells tomorrow now.

Hi guys, there has been no progress. We are on day 4 of daily vitamin B and so far the hens condition seems to be the same; unable to walk and resting on hocks and curled toes.

No more eggs either since the last one on Day2.

She seems to be eating OK, I am feeding 2 eggs a day along with regular chicken feed.

I am just conscious of how long it will take to see an improvement as we are on day5 now without any improvemnt and it maybe a time to perhaps consider the inevitable :(

I would at least give it a couple of weeks minimum. It often works faster, but sometimes it can take longer. If after several weeks you are not seeing any kind of improvement, then I would start considering other causes.

Day6 update and we have another egg. However hen seems to be in the same condition:(

Day8, no improvements, i will most likely put her out her misery this weekend after a full 10 days of observation. :(

Back
Top Bottom