Shamo weight gain

Brett91

In the Brooder
Jan 27, 2019
hey guys/girls

I’m new to this site but seen things on hear so I’ve joined

I Need some help/advice I have 5 trio of shamo and they just don’t seem to be gaining weight not that I want them fat. I feed them three times a day but if anybody can giv me some advice it would really help

Thanks a lot for reading this

I have ko shamo, not o shamo, which is probably what the OP is talking about :) So I don't have experience with the big guys.

However, I would start by offering food free choice all the time for them to eat as much as they want, and also I would consider worming them as well. That's what I would do for any chicken that is not gaining weight as it should be or is losing weight.

Also, what are you feeding?

I have ko shamo, not o shamo, which is probably what the OP is talking about :) So I don't have experience with the big guys.

However, I would start by offering food free choice all the time for them to eat as much as they want, and also I would consider worming them as well. That's what I would do for any chicken that is not gaining weight as it should be or is losing weight.

Also, what are you feeding?

I will start leaving food out all the time and see if that helps I bought some poultry drink for them supposed to have lots of vitamins in so that might help. I’ve got some layers pellets with wormer in it ?? Don’t know if it’s any good but I have wormed them yesterday. That’ll you for your help

I will start leaving food out all the time and see if that helps I bought some poultry drink for them supposed to have lots of vitamins in so that might help. I’ve got some layers pellets with wormer in it ?? Don’t know if it’s any good but I have wormed them yesterday. That’ll you for your help

What is the active ingredient in the pellets, and also what did you worm them with yesterday and what did you do for the dose?

Are you feeding them layer pellets as their regular feed? If so switching to something higher protein can help them gain weight and grow, especially if these are younger birds that you're still trying to grow out. I actually never feed my birds layer feed. They get only chick starter or Meat Bird, which has a higher protein content than layer, and then I offer oyster shell on the side for any hens that need it.

What is the active ingredient in the pellets, and also what did you worm them with yesterday and what did you do for the dose?

Are you feeding them layer pellets as their regular feed? If so switching to something higher protein can help them gain weight and grow, especially if these are younger birds that you're still trying to grow out. I actually never feed my birds layer feed. They get only chick starter or Meat Bird, which has a higher protein content than layer, and then I offer oyster shell on the side for any hens that need it.

It’s flubenvet in the pellet

They birds that I’m more worried about are around 7 month my older birds are looking really well

I’ll have to ask my dad what the wormer is called and what dose he gave them because he done it but I will message you once I’ve seen him

Thanks

Welcome! I also feed an all flock feed, Flock Raiser, which is 20% protein, and fine for any chicken at any age. It's fresh at my local stores, another important issue.
And, free choice feed!
Mary

Back
Top Bottom