1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Shamos pics and comments

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pride&joy, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Hard to say, especially if you don't know anything about the seller or their stock. Hopefully they turn out to be what you were wanting.

2. pride&joy

pride&joy Chillin' With My Peeps

This is supposed to be the parent stock I only say supposed b/c this is my first time dealing with this person. They seem like nice people and all the chicks made it and seemed very tame. He said he got the parent stock from some one who had been breeding for 17 years or so in Pennsylvania. Who knows time will tell the chicks look nice to me and some of the older ones where quick to defend the flock when I first reached in the box haha LOL
    [​IMG]img]

3. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    look fairly good...if yours turn out that way we may have to do a little swaping!

We have a guy that sells really good pairs for $75...but it is not unheard of for higher prices...he is trying to get others into the breed...he does not sell junk...those get culled

4. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    If you don't mind me asking will you send me the link to the ebay sellers auctions? I want to be on the look out for his hatching eggs. Usually people tell me there user name and then I can't find them so now I just ask for a link. lol Thanks!

5. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    i don't know anything about them but love the way they look.one bad lookin chickin.

6. pride&joy

Ok I hope this works here is the link I hope to the guy I got my chicks from. He had the action for the eggs and when I spoke to him he offered the chicks and the rest is history. He shipped 24 of them and all arrived fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=120521542799&view=all&tid=0

I also have some of these eggs in the bator right now ha ha . That’s right chicken addict, by the way I do admire your Morderns and OEB’s

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=150410629396&view=all&tid=0

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120523263975&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

7. exsia

exsia Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2009
    Damascus, Oregon
    They look really nice! They look just like mine young'uns ... but I cant honestly say what breeds I really have (thai, shamos, asils or mixed) since my stock is from my dad and he's breed them for as long as I can remember. We occasionally get a bird from an uncle or cousin (supposly thai) to mix in fresh blood (and add to the confustion) [​IMG]

8. Mader631

Mader631 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2009
    Nice looking chicks! They look like mine also...........I have 9 Thai[​IMG] Chicks right now, 2-adult shamo hens & 1-Spangled Shamo Rooster, [​IMG]I love the Oriental games

9. Mader631

Mader631 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2009
    I have some Thai's , Shamo's & alot of Oriental [​IMG]Mixed chicks..........

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  10. pride&joy

So these are the Shamo chicks I got as chicks who’s parents trio I posted pics of. The pics are a few weeks old I have to take some new ones but here they are.

[​IMG]img]

[​IMG]mg]

[​IMG]mg]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by