Share my Enthusiasm

h0m3gr0wn

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 12, 2012
Hi all,

I am new to the forum, my husband and I have designed our coop and he put together the frame this past weekend. I am so excited. We are backyard homesteaders...in a super tiny Urban backyard in a subdivided neighborhood. We are working with what we have. Our hearts are back home on our family ranch, but his job is in the city. Compromise is hard sometimes. Anywho, we are actually not allowed to have chickens ( one of the only cities in the state that does not allow chickens) but have heard a rooster crow in our neighborhood so decided to just go for it. We are going to have 3 or 4 hens and have heard that other than at laying time they are pretty quiet. We are super friendly with the neighbor that will be closest to the chickens and don't think he will mind. The rest of the houses are rented or empty, so we'll see what happens.

I can't wait to get some chickens!!!!! Was that random rambly enough? =D

welcome-byc.gif

Glad you joined us!

Good luck with your chicken venture
smile.png

Hello - I'm a newbee too - and so excited allso -- loving BYC not sure I could even attempt this if I hadnt found BYC - I'm in slight overload.
My husband bought a shop on 15 acres and there sat a building , so I laid claim. As I rambeled on about my vision of chickens and a grand coop - he walk off shakinfg his head - but I'm not discouraged. I got him on BYC and showed him the coops and chicks and he's on board now. I'm waiting till after the holidays before I start, I have a ever growing list. Hubby wont stay interested for long , so I'll have to be ready and get while the getting is good. He has a lot of irons in the fire, plenty projects of his own. Good luck with you two adventure - wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom